Top 9 Video Marketing Trends: Harnessing the Power of Video Content for Your Brand
“Staying ahead” in video marketing entails consistently innovating and adapting to emerging trends!
Video marketing is a powerful strategy used by businesses to promote their products, services, or brand through engaging video content. 86% of marketers say that video marketing helps lead generation and 81% say it has a positive impact on sales.
How important is video marketing in 2024?
Over the years the landscape of internet has changed vastly. Now the internet is all about video from short form videos to long forms. In 2024, many will skip the expensive cameras in favor of simple smartphone videos making simplified video production a trend.
Video marketing is popular with both B2B and B2C companies, as it’s a beneficial way to reach audiences of all demographics. Businesses prefer using video marketing as one of their important strategies to raise brand awareness, improve SEO, customer engagement and retention, increase conversion rate and boost sales.
Video Marketing Trends
In 2024, every business whether small or big will venture into video marketing field. Make sure your marketing content is relevant, effective, and the best use of your time. So let’s take a look at what the experts have outlined as the top video marketing trends of 2024:
- Vertical Videos: Vertical videos are video recordings or content created in a portrait orientation, with a taller aspect ratio than the traditional landscape orientation used in most films and television. Created with the intent of reaching smartphone users, these videos increase engagement as users will like, comment and share them across various platforms extending your business reach.
- Silent Videos: A silent video is a video that does not rely on sound to communicate its message. Over 90% of the people regularly watch videos without sound. Consumers can get the message even when their sound is off, captions also make marketing videos more effective.
- Smartphone Production: Smartphone nowadays don’t just shoot video at high resolutions, but also provide pro-video features like optical stabilisation, high-frame-rate slow-motion, Log colour profiles and plenty more. Video content created on a smartphone can be indistinguishable from what we see in traditional media which makes it more appealing and engaging.
- Social Media Stories: These are quick, typically 10-15 second photo or video clips that give people a slightly different glimpse into a person or business and disappear within 24 hours. They offer tons of ways to get interactive with your consumers like the questions feature on Instagram or poll posts.
- 360-Degree and VR Videos: These videos take you to another realm. They reshape the art of storytelling, immersing viewers in meticulously crafted worlds. Now budget-friendly VR headsets and 360-degree cameras are easily available so the ability to create and participate in these immersive experiences became more easier and possible.
- Shoppable Videos: Shoppable videos are interactive videos that encourage website visitors to purchase products straight from the video by clicking a link or image. Through video content, companies can vividly showcase their products in action and prompt immediate engagement from viewers.
- Live Streaming: Livestreaming is the streaming of video or audio in real time or near real time. livestreaming to establish connections with their audience that are both authentic and remarkably impactful. Especially businesses that offer eCommerce products or services can profit or sales conversions from live streams.
- Search-Optimized Videos: Video optimization refers to the process of making adjustments to a video to improve its visibility and performance on various platforms, such as search engines or social media. Make them relevant to consumers by answering their questions, educating them on important topics related to your brand, and creating video content that’s interesting to watch.
- User-Generated Content: UGC helps establish brand loyalty and grows community especially for video content. Consumers overwhelmingly trust user-generated content more than branded content. Encourage customers to create and share video content on their social channels which will amplify its reach and credibility, fostering consumer trust and impacting purchasing decisions positively over time.
What is the future of video marketing?
Video marketing has been consistently growing in importance over the years with the emergence of social media platforms and video-sharing websites. First you need to have great video content — but video isn’t enough to see sustained success. You need a neat and perfect marketing strategy with consistent, compelling written content to drive results.
Get started today and consult us for your video marketing campaign!!