Top 7 Use Cases of Node.js Technology
Are you planning to develop your next project using Node.js?
Node.js is the most popular development environment since its introduction in 2009. It has taken the world of web application development by storm.
So, What exactly is Node.js?
Node.js is open source so it is available as a free download from the Node.js website. Node.js includes many APIs for backend development which makes it different from others.
Top Use Cases of Node.js Technology
- Developing Streaming Web Applications: Node.js uses Native Stream API for developing streaming web applications. Node.js also has a built-in interface for writing and readable streams.
- App Customization: Using Node.js as your back-end technology will help in modifying an app much easier. The modular approach of Node.js makes it quick and easy to customize.
- Developing Real-Time Chatbots: Real-time conversations are very much in trend right now especially for for commercial websites. Node.js Event API a bult in feature of Node.js enables developers to create server-side events and push notifications.
- Wireless Connectivity: Bandwidth consumption is a major challenge for IoT connectivity. Node.js is great in creating a proxy server for data connectivity and routing. Some libraries of Node.js helps to connect IoT devices.
- Enabling Server-Side Proxy: Third-party proxy services is often causes complexity for creating large scale websites. Node.js can be used as a server-side proxy for collecting data from various third-party resources as it handles large number of simultaneous connections in a non-blocking manner.
- Developing Big Data and Analytics Solutions: Node.js creates an effective pipeline in which data begins at one point and passes through to the other end of the channel. It is effective in dividing vast amounts of data into smaller portions.
- System Monitoring Dashboard: Node.js is the best option for developing real-time online applications that use push technologies through web sockets. It can used to build web-based dashboard that validates the status of all services in an asynchronous manner.
Node.js offers exceptionally fast execution speed so it became the favourite of many developers and enterprises. The user-interface of popular streaming service like Netflix is developed on Node.js technology. If you want a lightweight that can render high performance, then your answer is Node.js. It is effective in reduced build times and enables user customization.