8 Critical Technical SEO Elements to Check
Technical SEO, the focus is on performance!
Technical SEO is incredibly important because it makes your website fast, mobile-friendly, user-friendly, and reliable. It can greatly impact a website’s performance on Google.
What is Technical SEO?
Technical SEO refers to anything you do that makes your site easier for search engines to crawl and index. It is all about improving a website’s technical aspects. You have to make sure that your website’s code is clean and effective.
Major Technical SEO Elements
If your website isn’t up to the technical tasks that search engines like Google expect it to perform, you might heavily stunt your growth and waste your time. Your website has to be faster, easier to crawl, and more understandable for search engines. That’s what technical optimization all about.
Let’s explore the seven most critical technical SEO elements you need to check.
- Website Speed: Slow-loading websites can discourage visitors and result in higher bounce rates. Optimize your website’s loading speed to provide a better user experience and meet search engine requirements.
- Website Architecture: Your website should have a clear and logical structure. Categorize and subcategorize. Provide URLs that make it easy for search engines to understand.
- Mobile Responsiveness: As the majority of website traffic today occurs from a mobile device, your website should be optimized for mobile devices. This not only provides a better user experience but also will help boost your SEO rankings.
- Duplicate Content: Relevancy is an important factor for SEO. Duplicate content causes the search engines to determine which page is the most relevant for a given query.
- Canonical Tags: Canonical tag is a tag in the source code of a page that indicates to search engines that a master copy of the page exists. They help to control instances of duplicate content by telling the search engines that a specific URL represents the master copy of a page.
- XML Sitemaps: An XML sitemap is a file that lists a website’s essential pages, making sure Google can find and crawl them all. Check your sitemap on a regular basis to prevent incorrect URLs from being crawled and indexed. Make sure that important URLs are not excluded.
- Broken Links: A broken link is a hyperlink that points to a page or resource that does not exist. Scan your website for broken links so that they won’t negatively impact user experience and hinder search engine crawling and indexing.
- Website Security: Implement SSL certificates that encrypts data transmitted between users and your website, safeguarding sensitive information. Such secure websites are less prone to hacking and malicious attacks.
Conclusion: Why Technical SEO is Indispensable?
If you’re serious about ranking highly in the search engines, then technical SEO is as important as content SEO and Off Page SEO. Technical SEO elements are essential in a website’s performance. Ignoring it can limit website’s potential to rank highly in search engine results.
Optimize these elements to stay ahead in the competitive online landscape. We, Resfeber Infosolutions are the best provider of SEO services in India, handle the technical aspects of your website’s on-page SEO factors.