Top Short-Form Video Stats and Trends to Watch in 2023
Videos have always been the top-performing digital content on social media over the years. Video content gets more engagement than any other content.
Now the big question? How Long a Video Should Be?
Short-form videos have been a trend in recent years, and they aren’t going away any time soon. They are taken over social media platforms like Instagram, YouTube, Facebook etc. So it is going to be increasingly vital to marketing strategies.
A short-form video typically lasts 60 seconds or less. So you have to grab people’s attention online in such small amount of time. It has to be engaging and able to establish a strong brand impression.
If you still need convincing about the value of short-form video content, here are some mind- blowing statistics and trends for you.
- 60% of Internet Traffic Revolves Around Video
- 73% of consumers prefer to watch a short-form video to learn about a product or service.
- 59% of short-form videos are watched for 41-80% of their length, while 30% of them have an average watch rate of over 81%.
- 49% of Business Videos Are Less Than a Minute Long.
- 72% of People Prefer Video vs Text to Learn a New Product or Service.
- Most people (94%) watch [animated] explainer videos to understand the product or the brand better, and 84% of the watchers decided to make a purchase after the video.
- 66% of Video Ads are Less than 30 Seconds.
- 54% of People Want to See Brands Create Video vs Any Other Type of Content
- 93% of Marketers have Landed a Customer via Social Media Video
- Mobile-first Video Ads Account for 50% of Facebook’s Ad Revenue.
- Video Content Gets 48% More Views on Social Media.
- People Spend Half of Their Time on Facebook Watching Videos.
It’s no secret that video content will the marketing world in 2023. With the arrival of TikTok, the short-form video has become increasingly popular since 2020. Short-form videos are projected to make up 90% of all internet traffic. They are watched more and are impactful. So it is evident that Short-form Videos are the Most Powerful Marketing Tool in 2023.