The Most Important SEO Statistics You Need to Know in 2024
Search engine optimization(SEO) is the process of improving the quality and quantity your website to rank higher on a search engine results page (SERP) which in turn increases website traffic.
SEO trends and statistics are are always changing. Opportunities provided by technologies like AI and ML are increasing rapidly, there are some drastic changes in the digital marketing and SEO sector. Now SEO is leaning towards more user-centric, ethical, and technically advanced approach.
Key SEO statistics for 2024
- 53% of website traffic results from organic searches.
- 33% of ecommerce visits are generated through organic searches.
- Google applies over 200 ranking factors in its algorithm which helps in determining the position of a website in the search results.
- Around 93% of online service experiences start on a search engine.
- For 94% of searches, users are more focused on organic results than paid ones.
- More than 87% of the local searchers on mobile tend to visit the business or call them within 24 hours.
- For 90% of B2B product researchers, the purpose of their search is to choose which products to buy.
- Videos having 50X tend to appear on the first page of the search results than plain text.
- High-quality backlinks will help you in getting 30% of your entire page score in the Google search engine.
- For 93% of shoppers, online reviews are consulted before making purchases.
- Nowadays, up to 81% of product research is done online.
- 72% of customers who perform local searches visit the store within a distance of five miles.
- 97% of the local customers try to get information about the business online.
- 67.6% of clicks on the first page of search engine results are enjoyed by the first five organic results.
- Users search using at least four words 69% of the time.
SEO will remain a critical component of digital marketing, ensuring visibility in search engine results and driving organic traffic. Implementing a strategic approach will surely guarantee online success.