9 SEO Copywriting Tips To Help Your Rankings
It’s no secret that Google like to change their search algorithm again and again. Google claims to update its search algorithm several thousand times per year. Some are too small to notice.
The rules of the game are changing constantly, so how are we going to increase our keyword rankings through organic content?
What is SEO Copywriting?
SEO copywriting means Copywrighting combined with SEO. i.e., writing for the purpose of marketing or advertising and optimizing for search engines.
Simply put, SEO copywriting is the process of creating high-quality content that’s useful to users and follows SEO best practices. Write a content that attract, engage visitors and convert into leads.
Why SEO Copywrighting is important?
If your content is incredibly compelling but never gets any traffic, then it’s no use. After reading the content, a visitor have will have to convert into a customer by taking a specific action, like buying a product or subscribing to an email list. That is the ultimate purpose of SEO Copywrighting.
Now that you’ve understood a little about SEO copywriting, let’s get into some incredible tips that you can implement while mastering this approach.
- Choose A Realistic Keyword Goal: You should have a clear keyword target in mind. Do some keyword research.
- Create Relevant Content: Google always puts importance to relevant content with keyword intent. Target your main keyword early on in your copy.
- Say No To Keyword Stuffing: Excessively targeting your main keyword in an attempt to improve organic search performance will negatively impact your rankings.
- Prioritize Quality Over Everything Else: Google always prefers quality content for its users. Use comprehensive and in-depth content.
- Make Reading Easy With The ASMR Formula: Use Annotations, Short sentences and paragraphs, Multimedia like videos, images, GIFs. Lastly, always Read your copy out loud. This will make sure your content is well designed and easy to read.
- Speak Your Audience’s Language: The core of the copywriting process is deep research. Talk like an “insider”. Use the words and phrases they use when searching for the answers you’re trying to provide.
- Don’t Neglect Your Title Tags: Title tags determines whether your content gets clicked on the SERPs or not. Try different variations of your title tag before deciding on one.
- Break Up Your Content With Rich Media: Engaging multimedia elements should be included in your content. Google prefers images, videos, or infographics incorporated in your content.
- Include Relevant Links With Contextual Anchor Text: Internal and external links, as well as the anchor text of those links are good practices of SEO Copywrighting.
As you can see, SEO copywriting is a means to create unique and quality content. But that is not the final step!! With the updates in algorithms, and marketing trends, your content should be updated from time to time. Your content should always of top notch: readable and sharable. It should give its readers long lasting impression. That’s what SEO copywriting is all about!!