18+ Podcast Statistics: Listeners, Growth & Trends
Podcasts seem to be the new “in” thing, and many people are considering starting one. Podcasting is a relative recent invention, so it doesn’t have a long history. In fact, the word ‘podcast’ was first introduced in 2004. Podcasting is picking up a super pace in the world now.
We have a changed mode of consuming content now: Silver screen to OTT or audio cassettes to CDs etc. In the future, podcasts and their listening is booming and is going to do so much more in the time to come.
So what is a podcast? Why is everyone obsessed with podcasts?
|Podcasts and why the hype?
Podcasts are digital audio content distributed over the internet using a podcast hosting service. It’s an easy way to share information. Podcasts are an entertaining and effective way to share all kinds of information.
Would you rather read an article or prefer being read to you? What are the chances of increase in reading an article? Podcasts are slow, enjoyable and it will feel like someone was talking to you. Podcasts allow you enjoy at your own pace: pause, play or stop if you like.
Another major feature of podcasts are how easy they are to produce. With the right mic, noise control, and a simple editing app – anyone can create a podcast. Whether you want to discuss a new product or entertain your audience, podcasts are great for getting your message across.
We all witnessed how significant 2023 was for the podcasting industry. Podcasting is topped as the popular media in 2023. To make things more clear, let’s dive straight into the most powerful podcast statistics all entrepreneurs must know in 2024!
- There are over 5 million podcasts globally, with over 70 million episodes between them.
- The number of podcast listeners are predicted to reach 504.9 million by the end of 2024 from 464.7 million in 2023.
- The United States has the most podcast listeners in the world with over 100 million active podcast listeners.
- The podcast industry is currently worth $23.56 billion.
- There are over 5 million podcasts with over 70 million episodes between them as of December 2023.
- 8.68% of the total internet users are podcast listeners.
- Chile is the fastest-growing nation in the podcasting sector.
- The podcast market size would be 38.36 billion in 2025 and 131.13 billion in 2030.
- Gen Z discovers podcast more than twice the rate of other age groups.
- 22% Of people listen to a podcast while driving.
- 1/4th of all Podcast listeners tune in via a web browser.
- Only 6% of people use a tablet to listen to a podcast.
- With a 33.7% share, Spotify is the leader in podcast streaming.
- Over 70% of all podcast episode download requests come from Apple Podcasts.
- 50% of people between the age of 12 to 34 listen to podcasts every month.
- AI-enabled podcasting will be worth $3 billion by the end of 2023.
- Top 1% of podcasts get an average of 3994+ downloads in the first 7 days of release.
- 72% of people are very attentive while listening to podcasts.
- 51% of marketers are already incorporating podcasts into their marketing strategies.
Summary: Podcast Statistics
Podcast is not only one of the hottest marketing tools, but given its popularity, it is high time you have to incorporate podcasts into your marketing strategies. These statistics clearly prove that podcasts will surely bring many clear benefits and advantages to your business.